[Wine] World of Warcraft Disconnects Constantly.

lubberlick wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 3 17:00:54 CDT 2010

A couple days ago I started having this problem where I am able to play wow for only a few minutes before it disconnects. Then I must restart the wow client in order to login again or I just get automatically disconnected from server. This happens on both of my Ubuntu machines and started happening at the same time. I can reboot to my Windows Vista partition and everything runs smooth. Ventrilo also runs smooth in both Vista and Ubuntu/Wine.

I have tried different versions of wine. I have tried disabling all addons in the game. My assumption is that a recent update of Ubuntu has caused this problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.