[Wine] Re: Error running program; might fix my HDMI problem as well

hellork wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 3 17:50:15 CDT 2010

PhazzedOut wrote:
> I am trying to run a program my friend lend me yesterday.
>
> I installed it through wine and it was successful. I just got one problem and that was running it. I ran the error log command and this is what I got.
>

> Code:
> fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on HDA ATI HDMI, disabling mixer
>

> I believe this might also fix my HDMI port problem as well. My problem is that I have to log off in order for the HDMI port to completely work. Maybe this will help with that problem.

It's just a fixme. You can ignore it and keep logging in and out. Usually on my system that happens because of npviewer.bin, the FLASH plugin wrapper has gone to sleep after taking control over the mixer. Sometimes simply killing npviewer.bin will fix it without logging off. If it bugs me, I'll uninstall flash. I don't use it except to view ads anyway.

If this does not fix your problem then we can dig a little...

Does your ALSA setup even have a mixer?
amixer -c0 # card 0
amixer -c0|grep Master
Simple mixer control 'Master',0

Is pulseaudio running?
ps -A|grep pulseaudio
01:03:50 pulseaudio

If you have pulseaudio running, there is an alsa mixer device for pulseaudio that can be obtained in a separate package, alsa-plugins-pulseaudio or sometimes packaged under other names, depending on the distro.

The other option is to disable pulseaudio and configure alsa.
http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=1457

Finally, if there is no pulseaudio then maybe there is no hardware mixer (control)
cat /proc/asound/devices |grep control
9: [ 0]   : control

If there is a control then maybe alsa just isn't configured. If not, then any of the available software mixers could be used. I don't know...dmix? Does anybody still use that?