[Wine] Re: Wine CD-ROM on Mac OS X

jdratlif wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 4 15:26:00 CDT 2010

James McKenzie wrote:

> jdratlif wrote:
> > It doesn't seem any "native-like" cd access is possible. Is this correct?
> >

> Correct.  Wine does not support, yet, raw device access which is what
> ImgBurn needs.  BTW, is there some reason that you cannot use the Disk
> Utilities to create your disks?  One nice feature is that your burnt
> disks will be readable by both Windows and UNIX systems (to include
> Linux systems.)

When I switched to Linux, I tried their image burning programs. k3b and Brasero in particular. Brasero didn't work at all, and k3b had faulty verification. I lost a lot of data I thought was "backed up" because it said the disc burned correctly. I have never had these issues on ImgBurn, so I turned to Wine to use it in Linux. I really hadn't thought about changing this behavior after switching to Mac.

I have not yet used Disk Utility. I am wary about other programs after my Linux experience. I think I will try it though.

Thanks for the help.