[Wine] Unable to install Office 2007 on Redhat 5.4

chadv99 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 6 09:46:21 CDT 2010

I'm having problems getting Office 2007 to install on Redhat 5.4. I've installed wine 1.1.42 from source. I've installed gecko according to the WineHQ FAQ.  I don't have any winetricks or any tweaks installed or set. I have the Office CD mounted using the "unhide" option.

I cd to my mounted directory /Office2007 and run "wine ./setup.exe". The Windows installer kicks off ok, but almost immediately I get the error "setup cannot continue because a required file is either corrupted or not available. Run Setup again from the original source disk or download location. Can anybody help me out? The terminal output from running wine setup.exe is listed below. Any help is much appreciated.

$ wine setup.exe
err:secur32:SECUR32_initSchannelSP libgnutls not found, SSL connections will fail
fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
fixme:htmlhelp:HtmlHelpW HH case HH_INITIALIZE not handled.
fixme:richedit:REExtendedRegisterClass semi stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETEDITSTYLE: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETBIDIOPTIONS: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETEDITSTYLE: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETBIDIOPTIONS: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETEDITSTYLE: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETBIDIOPTIONS: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETEDITSTYLE: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETBIDIOPTIONS: stub
fixme:reg:GetNativeSystemInfo (0x32d958) using GetSystemInfo()
fixme:htmlhelp:HtmlHelpW HH case HH_UNINITIALIZE not handled.
fixme:netapi32:NetGetJoinInformation Stub (null) 0x32f09c 0x32f090