[Wine] Warcraft III simply stopped working and won't run anymore

Deusdies wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 6 21:48:52 CDT 2010

So I've been playing Warcraft III Frozen Throne without any issues for the past 10 days. I've been running it in -opengl mode so the performance was superb.

This morning I woke up and I double-clicked the launcher I put on my desktop. I get "make sure you have the CD in" error.

When I run it from the terminal, I get:

Code:
err:ole:CoCreateInstance apartment not initialised
X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  137 (GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
  Serial number of failed request:  582

Again, this is all the sudden. Yesterday it was working just fine. I have not done any updates to the system.

I have ati HD5750 and am running fglrx-8.721ubuntu7 (latest) and Ubuntu 10.04 lucid beta.

Any ideas? Thanks!