[Wine] frame/graphics lag in microsoft Freelancer

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Fri Apr 9 02:57:17 CDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 00:34, Basinator <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> ATI Radeon 9550
>
> Where can I see my video card's driver?
>
> bas at Ubuntu:~$ glxinfo |egrep '^OpenGL.*string|^direct rendering:'
> direct rendering: Yes
> OpenGL vendor string: DRI R300 Project
> OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI R300 (RV350 4153) 20090101 AGP 8x x86/MMX+/3DNow!+/SSE2 TCL
> OpenGL version string: 1.5 Mesa 7.6
> bas at Ubuntu:~$

That is the open source radeon driver, which is not perfect, but not
completely useless either (afaik, the old radeon's driver support for
modern X versions was dropped by ATI)

It still shouldn't say software rendering AFAIK? (someone that
actually knows Wine D3D, please comment)

The driver might be the cause of the performance issues though, with
no real solution not involving hardware updates...

32-bit libraries can still be an issue though... And I can't remember
how to check that / install them if they are missing...

Gert