[Wine] Winepath on Mac

tpatko wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 12 08:35:41 CDT 2010

I am trying to use winepath to convert between the WINE native file path and the normal Mac native filepath.  Unfortunately, I do not seem to be able to return the logical Mac UNIX path when using winepath:

Macintosh:~ tpatko$ /Applications/Firefly/WINE/bin/wine winepath -u Z:\Applications\Firefly\BENCH1.out
/Users/tpatko/.wine/dosdevices/z:/Users/tpatko/ApplicationsFireflyBENCH1.out
Macintosh:~ tpatko$

When making this call, for example, the correct Mac UNIX native filepath should be:

/Applications/Firefly/Bench1.out

Is there some options that I am missing or are there some changes to the source code required to make this work?

http://wiki.winehq.org/winepath

My build is from source code version 1.1.33 (I know that there are newer version but it they do not address this issue then the difference are moot).

If anyone has some good ideas I would be appreciate.

Cheers,

Thomas