[Wine] Re: Wine not starting/Wine config not starting

Silverstar wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 16 07:09:21 CDT 2010

Well, yes you can have a headless box running with a X server, VNC and wine.
I have a (fairly small on ressources) vserver (debian lenny amd64) which doesn't have any monitor. Cause I don't want to have the full X.org bundle installed on the machine, I use Xvfb together with x11vnc to have an application running in wine which depends on a grafical environment.

So I use this small, selfwritten script which initiates Xvfb, a WM (in this case: icewm, but tested fluxbox and it worked as well) and x11vnc to access the X via vnc.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
Xvfb :0 -screen 0 1024x768x16 &
sleep 2
icewm &
sleep 1
x11vnc -display :0 -rfbport 6660 -shared -alwaysshared -usepw -forever -solid darkblue &

It might be required to

Code:
export DISPLAY=:0

too.