[Wine] Re: WINE not communicating with unixODBC

Razorwings18 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 22 16:09:57 CDT 2010

SUCCESS!  :D

I used the i386 libmyodbc.so and pointed odbcinst.ini to it in my driver. This still gave me an error with one of libmyodbc.so's dependencies, libmysqlclient_r.so.15, which is part of the libmysqlclient15off package.

So I downloaded that package as well in its i386 version, copied its binary contents to a folder, and pointed to that folder using export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=thatfolder so libmyodbc.so could locate it.

Then I tried my WINE application and it successfully connected and returned a record!

SO TO SUM UP, AFTER A REGULAR unixODBC -> WINE INSTALL, WHAT YOU SHOULD DO TO GET IT WORKING UNDER AMD64 IS:
- Install package ia32-libs (it should be already installed with WINE, though)
- Edit /etc/bash.bashrc
- Add the following line at the end of the file:
export LIB_ODBC_DRIVER_MANAGER=/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib/libodbc.so.1.0.0

- Download the i386 libmyodbc package
- Extract file libmyodbc.so
- Rename it to something like libmyodbc-i368.so
- Copy it to /usr/lib/odbc
- Edit /etc/odbcinst.ini, and modify the DRIVER line of your driver so it points to the i386 libmyodbc, i.e.:
Driver = /usr/lib/odbc/libmyodbc-i386.so
- Save odbcinst.ini

- Download the i386libmysqlclient15off package
- Extract library files (.so) and symlinks to a folder of your choice, i.e.: /usr/lib/odbc/libmysqlclient-i386
- Edit /etc/bash.bashrc
- At the end of the file, add the following line:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/odbc/libmysqlclient-i386
- Save bash.bashrc and restart

Now the driver should work from WINE in AMD64.

Thanks felix and hellork, I couldn't have got this working without your help.