[Wine] Installing Panasonic Drivers (Win XP) with Wine on Linux

Hamid-Lnx wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 23 02:43:53 CDT 2010

Hi:
I'm very new to Linux (just installed Ubintu 9.1 on a new hard drive 2 days ago), and having a heck of a hard time installing windows xp programs on Linux.

At the very least, I need to install printer drivers for my Panasonic KX-MB781 (multi-function, laser).  Panasonic doesn't have any Linux drivers.  Ubintu's own printer manager application, while it can detect my networked printer, it doesn't have drivers for it!  It has a dozen or so other Panasonic KX-P#### printers, but not mine.

So, I wanted to just install the windows version of the drivers, from the CD that came with my printer.  I have Wine installed, so I just tried to run the setup.exe program.  It started to install, then crashed and gave an error msg about some "dll" files.

Any idea how I can install the windows version of the printers' drivers with WINE?  Appreciate any help.

-Hamid-