[Wine] Re: PS/2 and USB imput in a emulated Wine application

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 25 11:11:28 CDT 2010

Fabio Miranda wrote:
> I have an application that reads from USB and PS/2, example: credit card reader via PS2.

Wine does not talk directly to USB or PS2 devices.

If a USB device is a USB->serial type of a device you can make it visible to your program. As for PS2 - if Xorg server knows how to deal with that device it can feed input to Wine. But there is no way in Wine to select which input device you getting your input from.

Last time I've played with PS2 device (bar code reader) it would just input some numbers/letters as if you would be typing them on a keyboard. I can imaging CC reader would do the same. So it should "just work".