[Wine] DMCA and EU Copyright laws

jtnire wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 27 05:21:59 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, however I can't find anything on Google about this...

As most of us know, the USA and EU have laws such as the DMCA and the EU Copyright Directive.

Does WINE break these laws?

Reason I ask, is that I wish to supply systems running Linux to some customers, and WINE seems like a good fit to run some windows applications (e.g. MS Office), however I just want to remain on the right side of the law..

If WINE doesn't break the DMCA, can someone briefly explain how you guys manage to make WINE support copy protection?

Thanks