[Wine] DMCA and EU Copyright laws

David C. Kerber dkerber at warrenrogersassociates.com
Tue Apr 27 08:05:31 CDT 2010

What does Copy Protection have to do with Wine?  Wine isn't copied from anything; it's developer-written source code.

It's possible that there are apps which will run under Wine that may attempt to circumvent copy protection on dvds (for example), but that has nothing to do with Wine itself, and since those apps would also run under windows, those same concerns would apply to windows.