[Wine] Taking screenshop

Jim Hall volunteer.jim at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 13:05:22 CDT 2010

Debian Lenny, very good Nvidia card, latest Wine.

Situation
I play WOW. I have had the need to occasionally take a screenshot. Using the
'PrtScn' key locks the game up for a couple of minutes, makes the cursor
disappear, and shows my top and bottom desktop bars. Keyboard still works so
I can press 'enter' to save the shot (to the Linux desktop). Eventually
things go back to normal. The shot usually is missing some elements that I
saw on the screen. Making it pretty much useless.

Question
Is this the proper way to take screenshots in Wine?

If so, am I missing something?

Thanks,
Jim