[Wine] Re: Wine / Google Earth network issue

NorahAura wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 27 22:10:32 CDT 2010

vitamin wrote:

> Why not use native Linux version?

My reason is:

The native version of Google for Linux does not work with Google's Picasa.

Picasa for linux actually uses a built-in wine install.  Even after installing the newest version of Picasa under my ~./wine directory, I still need Windows version of Google Earth Installed in wine as well.  Unfortunately, the Google Updater gets in the way.

Basically, I LOVE Picasa and want to use ALL of its functionality on linux.  I wish they would just port Picasa to linux.  I heart it uses Qt.  However, for the meantime, we are all trying to get Google Earth installed under wine.