[Wine] Postgresql 8.0 installation

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Mon Aug 2 07:09:30 CDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 06:10 -0500, sabir_mustafa wrote:
> I m trying to install Postgresql on ZORIN 3.0, an Ubuntu based distro running WINE 1.1.42. When I start setup, after language selection, it gives the error "Failed to create process: 2!".
> Please guide me on how to solve this problem.

Obvious first questions:
- Is this Linux native PostgreSQL or are you trying to run it
  under wine?
- If the latter, why aren't you running the native version?
- Why run a version as old as 8.0 when the current version for
  Fedora 12 is 8.3.8?

Second: what's in the PostgreSQL log? It is in the directory where
you're running PostgreSQL and is called  pg_log/postgresql-xxx.log where
'xxx' is the day of the week when the log was created, so my log today
is called pg_log/postgresql-Mon.log

Martin