[Wine] How to fix the SSL/https problem?

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 3 20:09:24 CDT 2010

Schuttwegraeumer <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>Sent: Aug 3, 2010 11:21 AM
>To: wine-users at winehq.org
>Subject: [Wine]  Re: How to fix the SSL/https problem?
>
>Is that usefull?:

If you want us to tell you that you are doing this right, yes.  For location of errors, no.

>> schutti at hell:~/Desktop/X/WINE/wine-git$ git bisect start
>> schutti at hell:~/Desktop/X/WINE/wine-git$ git bisect good wine-1.0
Wow.  This is a long time ago (over two years if I'm correct).
>> schutti at hell:~/Desktop/X/WINE/wine-git$ git bisect bad wine-1.2
This was just released....
>> Bisecting: 11529 revisions left to test after this (roughly 14 steps)
This means there wer about 23000 revisions between the two releases.  The number of steps is just about right, however (2*13).

>> [5f581975dcf83f4f32432137990c72c26b415e3b] wined3d: Introduce surface_init() to handle most of the surface initialization.

This is just the marker for the current commit (revision).

You have a LONG way to go until the problem is found.

If you can run your program after this bisect, then you have to say that the bisect is good to get to the next revision.  If it does not work you have to say that the bisect is bad.

This may take a while, depending on how fast you can configure/make/test program (and you may have to re-install it as well.)

Good luck.  When you do find the bad commit, you will have an additional step which is to build Wine 1.2 without the commit.  Regression testing states how.

James McKenzie