[Wine] Re: Hi + question.

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 4 07:28:23 CDT 2010

bigseb wrote:

> Here is the terminal output:
>
> sebastian at sebastian-laptop:~$ wine start 'C:\Program%Files\Alibre%Design\Program\Alibre%Design.exe'
> fixme:exec:SHELL_execute flags ignored: 0x00000100
> Application could not be started, or no application associated with the specified file.
> ShellExecuteEx failed: Path not found

I doubt those % are really part of the path (they are definitely not part of Program Files), and that's not the way to handle spaces in filenames. The easiest way is just to put double quotes around the whole thing.

Change (cd) to the program directory first, then run the app with wine and just the name of the exe, e.g.

Code:
wine "Alibre Design.exe"