[Wine] Font issue in Half-Life 2 via Wine 1.3.0

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 4 22:14:51 CDT 2010

r2rX wrote:
> I am already on the latest Catalyst drivers (10.7). This issue started transitioning from Wine 1.2 to 1.3.
>
> I've installed the entire suite of the Half-Life 2 series (2, Ep1, Ep2 and Lost Coast).
>
> After some testing, when I start any of them for the first time, the fonts are fine. The moment I change a single graphic option (regardless of which one it is; whether it's model detail, texture detail, resolution etc) the fonts mess up.
>
> But when running the game, sometimes the in-game subtitle fonts are absolutely fine...then they aren't. Same with the menu text/fonts....one time it's fine, then at another point it isn't.
>
> It's really strange.
>
> I'll take a look and see if I should post this bug.

Can you run a regression test for this?  There were approximately 700
commits between the release of Wine 1.2 and Wine 1.3.0.

Unfortunately, I cannot get my hands on HalfLife2 or any of the addons
for testing purposes (I'm really not interested in playing the game,
just fixing this problem.)

James McKenzie