[Wine] The perils of GMAX

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 4 22:41:05 CDT 2010

A Nonny Moose wrote:
> I downloaded the help and tutorial files from turbo squid and unpacked them.
>
> Both the folders in C:\gmax were empty, so I put the unpacked folders in as they unpacked.  No result.
>
> I then moved the contents of the folders up on level (i.e. from gmax/Help/help to gmax/Help).  Now the application crashes when you try to access the Help menu with an "application error".  It does show the frame for the help system.
>
> Here is what was on the console output file:
>
> fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x22ce370,0x00000000), stub!
> fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
> fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
> fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
> fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
> fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
> fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
> fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
> fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
> fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
> fixme:heap:RtlCompactHeap (0xd8e000, 0x0) stub
> fixme:atl:AtlModuleInit SEMI-STUB (0x63323950 0x633233e8 0x63300000)
> fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
> fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
> err:wgl:internal_SetPixelFormat Invalid operation on root_window
> err:d3d:context_set_pixel_format Failed to set pixel format 3 on device context 0x27c, last error 0.
> err:d3d:context_update_window Failed to set pixel format 3 on device context 0x27c.
> fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
> fixme:d3d:swapchain_init Add OpenGL context recreation support to context_validate_onscreen_formats
> fixme:htmlhelp:HtmlHelpW Not all HH cases handled correctly
> fixme:shdocvw:PersistStorage_InitNew (0x1311fd0)->(0x3231a6dc)
> err:mmtime:TIME_MMTimeStop Timer still active?!
>
> Mostly fixme's but there are some err notes in there.  I am afraid they are beyond what I know.

Is there an open bug report for this?  I would like to see one created
if there is not an existing bug report.  This looks like the program is
affected by the wgl and d3d errors, but I'm no expert on these two
dlls.  Thus my request.

Since you've been around for a while, I think you know how to name a
bug....(some of the names are cryptic and some are very disturbing...)

Has this EVER worked in any version of Wine?  The brain damage level is
high tonight....(And the doc gave me serious muscle relaxers for my neck
pain until the X-Rays are read.)

James McKenzie