[Wine] ie 8 and LocalHost

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 07:16:57 CDT 2010

On 8 August 2010 13:09, Sebinouse <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> I just installed IE8 with Wine ... and when i launch iexplorer I get to the WineHQ site without toolbar.
> I would like to connect to "http://localhost:8081/init.do (http://localhost:8081/init.do)" ...
> How can I change the default page, and How can I switch on the toolbar thanks !

IE8 doesn't actually work properly in Wine as yet - there's an option
to install it in winetricks, but that's only for software that demands
it as a prerequisite.

If you need a usable Internet Explorer, IE7 installed with winetricks
works - the interface is largely broken, but it does browse and
render.

- d.