[Wine] How to run multiple wine versions on same machine?

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 8 17:53:33 CDT 2010

Kurtosis wrote:
> Thanks, I figured that would be the way.  Only problem is that when I try to kill Wine 1.1.42 services, they seem to automatically restart.  Is it okay for those to be running in the background when I'm running Wine 1.3?
>
> The services are:
>
> /usr/local/bin/wineserver
> C:\windows\system32\wineboot.exe --init
> C:\windows\system32\services.exe
> C:\windows\system32\winedevice.exe MountMgr

You might have two sessions of wineserver running at the same time
(although that is highly unlikely, it is possible.)

You might want to look at the running processes when you have both Wine
versions running or are you trying to stop one and start another.

Then you might want to try:

/usr/local/bin/wineserver -k

(this kills all of the Wine processes running under a specific
wineserver session and then shuts down wineserver.)

Then start the next wine session for Wine 1.3 from the build directory
(or wherever you put it.)

James McKenzie