[Wine] That age old Midi issue again

Jonesey wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 10 14:13:53 CDT 2010

I can run most midi apps in wine through timidity with no problem but there are quite a few apps which don't allow you to assign the midi output to timidity such as Media Player Classic or WM player 6. They try to use the windows default which is of course MS synth or Emu10k1.

There must be a way of mapping the midi output in wine from such apps to timidity but I just can't get it to work. I have tried all the suggested registry tweeks I have found online but most are several years out of date so none of them work any more.

Interestingly I get midi sound output from MS synth using the dxdiag music test but nothing else which is puzzling because it is shown as the win default in dxdiag so in theory apps like WM player should use it and work?.

Any help getting this one final remaining wine issue solved would be great. I am working with wine versions 1.1.3.5  and 1.2 on PCLinuxOS Minime 2009 and 2010 respectively. DirectX 9.0c installed with no errors .