[Wine] Office 2007 black artifacting in wine >1.2

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 11 22:28:37 CDT 2010

DarksideEE7 wrote:
> James Mckenzie wrote:
>
>> DarksideEE7 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Sent: Aug 10, 2010 10:19 PM
>>> To: wine-users at winehq.org
>>> Subject: [Wine]  Re: Office 2007 black artifacting in wine >1.2
>>>
>>> All right well same thing in fluxbox.
>>>
>>> I also finished configuring my other system and excel looks completely normal with a 4870X2 using the proprietary
>>> ATI drivers.  Guess it's a graphics driver bug.
>>>

>> Which version of the drivers are you using?  Catalyst 10.7 has been reported to have problems with Wine.  Can you try version 10.5?
>>
>> James McKenzie
>>

> No you misunderstood, the system on which I'm experiencing the bug is my laptop with the Intel integrated 4500MHD.

I did misunderstand.  I mis-read that you were having problems with the
AMD/ATI video card.  My apologies.

Intel video cards are flaky with Linux and don't work well with Wine due
to their substandard Linux drivers.  Unfortunately, you are like me,
stuck with whatever was put in the laptop, which appears to be an
'on-board' Intel video chipset.  I'm stuck with two ATI video chipsets,
one in my Mac, the other (which is not supported by FC12-13) in my old
IBM Thinkpad A22p.
> I mentioned the desktop with the 4870X2 just to say that it works fine on it.  I'm using the proprietary 10.7 with bin32-wine-suse 1.3.0-1 and it doesn't have any corruption whatsoever.

Amazing.  I've read of all sorts of difficulties with these drivers.
However, if it works, don't try to break it (that's MY job.)

James McKenzie