[Wine] How to use the wineprefix with another wine-path

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 15 15:06:45 CDT 2010

abb4 wrote:
> Gert van den Berg wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 18:21, abb4 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>>

>>> What does it matter if one builds there own Wine or buys one,
>>> same issue applies (if you would like to install this separately from the main Wine), it's all Wine..
>>>

>> I thought the prefixes worked (and assumed the user knows how
>> environment variables worked...) but that the DIB engine was not
>> working in the prefix...
>>
>> Gert
>>

> It does work here
> code:
> [env WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine-ap52; cd $HOME/.wine-ap52/drive_c/'Program Files'/AlbumPlayer; /opt/bordeaux/bin/wine AlbumPlayer.exe]

The question I have is which DIB engine?  The one for Wine has
repeatedly been shot down by Alexandre Julliard.  The last person to
touch it gave up after much work was done, but a lot more work is needed
before the entire product can go into production.

If the Bordeaux project has one, why doesn't Wine?

James McKenzie