[Wine] Netbios in Wine Applications

HornedBeast wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 16 09:25:12 CDT 2010

Hello,

I am using Lotus inside Wine and it all works correctly, however, some of my scripts are calling Netbios addresses, such as \\server\data or \\192.168.1.2.

Sadly, Wine (or Lotus) doesn't seem to know what this is when ran with Wine. Is there any way of getting this functionality to work?

It does on Windows absolutely fine, so I just need to find out what I'm missing from getting it to work under Wine.

Can some-one point me in the right direction?

I appreciate I will get recommendations about mounting them as samba shares first, but then this means changing all Lotus script files to point at the new linux file system folders, which means the scripts will no longer work on Windows, which they still must. This is about portability more than anything else.

Thank-you in advance.

Andy