[Wine] MS Outlook 2007 won't open

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Wed Aug 18 04:35:37 CDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 20:53 -0700, James McKenzie wrote:
> On other item, we tend to push the use of native Linux/UNIX
> applications.  Thunderbird/SeaMonkey, which are native applications can
> connect to IMAP/POP3/SMTP mail delivery systems.  Don't know about
> secure IMAP, but you can always look at the features list.

Two other native apps also deserve a mention:

- Evolution is a mail client, and probably one that most Windows
  escapees would get on with. It can use POP, IMAP and the Novell
  proprietary protocol to read mail, along with all the usual
  UNIX methods and mailbox formats. It also provides calendar, todo list
  and memo facilities.

- Pan is a news client and well worth looking at if you use USENET.
  If you're still stuck in the Google Groups dark ages, try using Pan
  and USENET instead and the chances are you'll never look back.

Martin