[Wine] Dragon Age Installer: starting 64-bit process not supported

McFlow wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 20 09:05:41 CDT 2010

Hi,
I am having trouble installing Dragon Age Origins.
I am using ArchLinux 64 Bit and I have the package wine installed from the community repo. It's wine-1.3.0
Package details are here (http://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/wine/) if it helps...
When I launched the autorun.exe or setup.exe I got this output in the terminal

Code:

wine autorun.exe
Trying to load PE image for unsupported architecture (AMD-64)
err:process:create_process starting 64-bit process L"E:\\autorun.exe" not supported on this environment

So I think it's related to the wine package I use. I removed it. Then I installed the wine_64  (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=31307)package from the AUR.
When starting setup.exe I got an arror popup:

Code:

"Error creating process >C:\users\florian\Temp\IPX0000.TMP\sex.exe>.
Reason: internal error

I clicked the ok button and checked that folder. Temp was empty. I laucnhed setup.exe again and then this folder is created and it contains this exe. After clicking ok it's removed.
Since the wine_64 package in AUR is not 1.3.0 it downloaded it's source and compiled with 64 bit support. Same as with wine_64.
Can someone give me a hint?