[Wine] Regarding Wine and Viruses

TUA85550 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 20 13:55:19 CDT 2010

I understand the Wine can get viruses and could potentially infect your system.  My question is if all I am using Wine for is Gaming and Microsoft Office, could I still get a virus?  I mean if I load up FireFox (which is installed by default on Ubuntu) and go to a web site that has a virus, would I automatically become infected or the only way to get a virus is to load up FireFox (the windows version) from wine which would auto go straight into my wine directory.

I am a little confused and would love some clarification.