[Wine] Re: Bugzilla should be application oriented

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 20 18:58:07 CDT 2010

fernandocarvalho wrote:
> I think that Bugzilla could have an option to join all issues that are related to an specific application.
> For example, if someone is testing Oblivion, there should be a place where we can relate every issue that is happening to Oblivion.

That's what the AppDB is for, and you can add bug links there.

> So, instead of filing a new entry on Bugzilla, people could only add another issue to an application.
> In this way, people can provide more info about an application and developers can follow the behavior of applications on different wine versions.

I think you don't understand how the process works.

Wine developers don't usually follow whole applications, they tend to specialize in specific areas of the code, and work on bugs that fall in their area of expertise. A single application may be affected by multiple bugs in completely unrelated parts of the code, while a single bug may affect multiple apps. Lumping together unrelated bugs into one big "this app doesn't work right" bug while requiring separate reports for each app affected by the same bug would not be helpful to the people who actually fix bugs.