[Wine] Error when openning MS Office files (*.doc, *.xls, *.ppt)

chris_pi wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 21 08:18:37 CDT 2010

Error when openning MS Office files (*.doc, *.xls, *.ppt)
(Wine 1.0.1 and Wine 1.1.42, Ubuntu 10.04)

--

Hello,

I get this error when I try to open MSOffice 2003 files (like *.doc or *.xls or *.ppt):

"The file '/home/blabla/Doc1.doc' is not marked as executable.  If this was downloaded or copied form an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run.  For more details, read about the executable bit."

I did read somes posts for problems like thise but for *.exe files [1] [2]. I had also problem with *.exe files and I resolve it in modifiing the permissions of the .exe files.

But here, the problem is more difficult: it is not only one or two files to modifie, but every *.doc (or *.xls or *.ppt) files on my computer...

Perhaps it is possible to create a script to modifie the permissions of the file when I click on it?

Someone can help me for that (or for an other solution)?

Thank you very much

cp

[1] http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?p=44106
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/udisks/+bug/561479