[Wine] Re: Launching Source engine games results in crash, small res

ironzorg wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 22 03:00:06 CDT 2010

> Well I didn't mean the distro, but is that the kernel you're on? I didn't think Ubuntu updated that fast......

As I said, I updated my kernel 2.6.32-24-generic (it was a security update), and before that update I could run any Source game fine (HL 2 and CSS).

I use the 10.7 Catalyst drivers.

> ironzorg at Aurelia:~$ lspci | grep -i vga
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Mobility Radeon HD 3650

> ironzorg at Aurelia:~$ fglrxinfo
> display: :0.0  screen: 0
> OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
> OpenGL renderer string: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
> OpenGL version string: 3.3.10057 Compatibility Profile Context FireGL

I insist on the fact that I only updated the kernel, and suddenly hl2.exe became to crash after a couple seconds I run it.