[Wine] Re: Launching Source engine games results in crash, small res

DarksideEE7 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 22 05:10:21 CDT 2010

When I said my copy of Starcraft will be arriving I was talking about Starcraft II.......but yea Starcraft I runs like a champ.  In fact it may very well run better than in Windows 7, though I haven't tested.  I'm currently playing through it again in preparation for SCII's arrival :D

Another game that ran nearly flawlessly in wine is Battlefield 1942.  I may go back and install it again and see if I can get Desert Combat working.

I have a feeling there is some package that I missed installing that's causing some of my grief.....then again it may just be a driver bug.

I downloaded SCII via a torrent to test the installation and it installs just fine, however I wasn't able to launch the game.  The no-cd exe and battle.net patch file caused a message that said 'your installation is corrupt'.  I didn't spend much time on it though considering my copy is arriving tomorrow via UPS.