[Wine] Re: Metatrader Installation error

systino wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 23 12:16:20 CDT 2010

Hello, L. Rahyen and all others
excuse me for my bad english (i speak french)

it is now 4 days i leave windows because my windows XP crashed. i installed ubuntu 10 so i'm new linux user. i want to install metatrder 4 and vb6 I folowed your tutorial:

unset WINEPREFIX
mv ~/.wine{,.old}
wineboot
winetricks vcrun6
wine start /unix /path/to/metatrader4/setup.exe

i installed metatrader and it work fine. now i want to install another program (old visual basic 6 to repair an old program). you tell to use this code:

export WINEPREFIX=~/.wine.metatrader

for each program to instal. how must i do to install the second program without changing the first one?
how to run metatrader and vb6 on the same time?

please help me and thanks very much for your excellent and useful wine