[Wine] Re: [Wine 1.3] Desktop integration with .msstyles

Lastcoder wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 23 12:58:47 CDT 2010

Thunderbird wrote:
> I wouldn't recommend to use themes in Wine in the first place. The current design of the Wine theming code is not correct (and it is also incomplete) which causes a lot of rendering issues and not to forget bad performance (most issues are not fixable in the current design). The only themes which are safe are color only themes.

Ok .. nice to know, maybe a hint could be shown in winecfg ..

motub wrote:
>  ... That said, however, that begs the question of why the file chooser is hanging in winecfg-- Lastcoder says that s/he cannot even choose a theme, because winecfg hangs when s/he tries to open the file chooser.

Removed Wine 1.3. (installed via ppa) and installed wine 1.2 from the official Ubuntu repositories .. now everything works fine ...
with wine 1.3 I couldn't start some applications like Autostitcher .. now this works ..

Maybe a problem between wine 1.3 and lucid lynx ?!?

So long

LastCoder