[Wine] Re: Wine + Counter-strike 1.6 lunch

lite1979 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 23 17:43:14 CDT 2010

I just posted in the thread "Steam Games unable to Play" because I'm having the same problem.  The background image for Half-Life (same engine) is showing, but the menu never gets drawn, and either it crashes to desktop or hangs and I have to kill it in terminal.  When I use ps -A it reads "hl.exe <defunct>"

Could a mod please merge these two threads?  Any help will be appreciated.  Latest version for Ubuntu Lucid Lynx is 1.3.0, which is what I'm using right now, but the same problem occurred with 1.2.  I'm currently attempting to compile 1.3.1, but running into some difficulty because of the linking of certain libraries needed to configure.  Thanks!