[Wine] Re: Steam games unable to play

DarksideEE7 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 23 18:41:19 CDT 2010

I don't even make it to the loading screen......some games just do nothing, while Portal and Team Fortress 2 resize the display then crash.  I launch games using a second X server on DISPLAY :1 using the following commands:
script1:  wine.steam
WINEPREFIX=~/.wine.steam wine ~/.wine.steam/drive_c/Program\ Files/Steam/steam.exe
script2, the one I actually type:  steam
xinit wine.steam -- :1
Probably a better way to do it, but that's what made sense to me and was really easy to write.

I'm going to install Starcraft 2 right now.  I couldn't get it running with a cracked version, but I was only trying that while waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail.

flgrxinfo

Code:

display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2
OpenGL version string: 3.3.10057 Compatibility Profile Context

Code:
OS: Arch Linux x86_64
Hostname: waterbeast
archey output