[Wine] Re: Wine + Counter-strike 1.6 lunch

ole wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 24 05:17:58 CDT 2010

I have the same problem, the background is showing before it either freezes or crashes. Else the system itself runs fine and I can kill the process to continue using the computer. But this happend after the last update on (k)ubuntu 10.04.

I'm running wine 1.3.0 and tried everything I could find to fix the problem. All I got were related to other problems which were kind of similar.

What exactly the update updated I don't remember, and I'm not sure if this is directly wine-related.

Anyone tried the previous kernel? I guess it was a little update on the latest kernel? Maybe it's the reason? I will try when I get home. But I can't choose the kernel before the update either than choosing an older version. Worth trying whatsoever.

Else I would appriciate if someone figures out what it is. I could really not see anything "special" in the logfiles except that wine didn't find master channel on the nvidia sound interface, but that is correct since it does not exists.