[Wine] How do I activate large-file option in compiler

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 24 06:01:01 CDT 2010

On 24 August 2010 11:37, Susan Cragin <susancragin at earthlink.net> wrote:
> How do I activate this flag in ./configure?
> I don't have an AMD 64 processor... is this just for that?
>
> checking for special C compiler options needed for large files... no
> checking for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS value needed for large files... 64

This should be ok.

This is saying that in order to enable 64-bit addressable ("large")
files, there is no special compiler option, but setting
_FILE_OFFSET_BITS to 64 enables this functionality.

This then causes the build process to use the _FILE_OFFSET_BITS option
to enable support for large files.

You don't need to do this, the build/configure process has done it for you.

This is like saying I need to get to the library:
   checking if I have a car... no
   checking if I have a bicycle... yes

Wine understands and supports both methods and will use whichever one
is available to add that support, or disable the functionality if it
cannot.

Does this make sense?

- Reece