[Wine] Re: Printing from Darwine (OS X)

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Aug 24 23:25:10 CDT 2010

DanDude wrote:
> I'm somewhat new to wine on my Mac so I read the wineHQ wiki (http://wiki.winehq.org/Printing) and searched the forums but didn't come up with anything which I saw was an answer.
>
> I am running 1 specific app through darwine on my mac and when I try to print it says there are no printers.  I saw references to something called cups-pdf but that looks like it's just a virtual printer.  I need to be able to print to real printers from inside wine.  Is there some special config I have to set up?  Something I need to enable?
>
> I'm a bit lost at this point.

Darwine is an old and dead project...

use normal Wine if you want help here (installable from source code or from Macports (http://www.macports.org))... or you can look at other ways to use Wine and use their support methods like Wineskin (http://wineskin.doh123.com/) (free), WineBottler (http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/) (free), Crossover (http://www.codeweavers.com) (not free), Bordeaux (http://www.bordeauxgroup.com/) (not free), etc...