[Wine] Re: ACD Labs 12.0 installs fine, runs fine for the first time

nikos wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Aug 25 08:16:15 CDT 2010

I have googled it around and one of the pages is of the program vendors showing that it work in Wine. The really strange bit is that the first time you fire it up immediatelly after installation it works fine. If you close and restart the program it starts but the window gets minimised at the taskbar and there is no way of bringing it up.
The other strange bit is that it does not put a shortcut in the wine directory so everytime you have to doubleclick the executable file...it also puts the shortcuts at \.wine\drive_c\users\nikos\Temp\ACDLabs while the whole thing is installed at  \.wine\drive_c\users\Program Files
I will do a more extensive google search and I will let you know...
As I said it worked the first time around, and I processed some data as well, so I am a bit at a loss.
I will give it a go with Vbox turned off to see if that makes any difference. I don't know much about registry poking around but I will try and have a look.
I will let you know.