[Wine] Climate data logger ... !

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Fri Aug 27 04:34:27 CDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 06:24:13PM -0500, littleideas wrote:

> The program to read the sampled data in the data-logger can be installed and started using WINE without problems. But the driver (which is installed separately) which allows the Data-logger to be recognised by the program on the USB port, cannot be installed.
>
> Its name is "Silicon laboratories CP210 x USB to UART Bridge Driver"

I have just had to patch the cp210x driver to support a similar chip
(in a Pirelli mobile).

The first thing to check - at the linux level - is that the driver
recognises your device. When you plug it in, does the cp210x driver
get loaded (lsmod |grep cp210x) and does /dev/ttyUSB* appear?

Use lsusb -v to inspect the idVendor and idProduct: that pair needs to be
recognised by the driver. There is a list in cp210x.c, and you might
have to add an extra line if that pair is not already present. If you do
that and it works, send the patch to the author & maybe the kernel bugzilla.

After that, I can suggest how to get it connected under wine, but first
things first.

I am assuming that you know a little about patching and so on. If not,
at least post the lsusb -v output if /dev/ttyUSB* does not appear.

ael