[Wine] Climate data logger ... !

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Fri Aug 27 12:34:27 CDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 11:46:22AM -0500, littleideas wrote:
> But I hope I recognized the interesting part...
>
> Here it is.
>
> Bus 005 Device 003: ID 10c4:ea60 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc. CP210x Composite Device
 ..[snip]..
>   idVendor           0x10c4 Cygnal Integrated Products, Inc.
>   idProduct          0xea60 CP210x Composite Device

Ok. We need to know whether (0x10c4,0xea60) is already complied into the
cp210x driver. I am replying from a netbook without kernel source
installed, so can't check directly just now. But if
/dev/ttyUSB(something) appears when you plug your device in, then it
must be. You can confirm by checking that cp210x is loaded by looking
with lsmod as in my previous message. Look also in /var/log/messages:
that is sure to record the device being plugged in, but does it also
say that the cp210x driver is being loaded?

ael