[Wine] Wine 1.2 on Mac Leopard, Civ4 startup error "Failed Initiating Python"

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 27 13:59:05 CDT 2010

Michael Collins <mercutio.viz at gmail.com> wrote:
>Sent: Aug 27, 2010 10:51 AM
>To: James Mckenzie <jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net>
>Subject: Re: [Wine] Wine 1.2 on Mac Leopard, Civ4 startup error "Failed Initiating Python"

>>>Do you mean the Mac terminal window or something else? I'm using the
>>>Mac terminal program to launch wine. I don't see anywhere that I would
>>>get a Python prompt, especially since Python is embedded in Civ4.
>>>
>> Yes that is what I meant.
>Ok. No Python prompt then. :)

Where did you get your version of Wine?  If it was from MacPorts or Fink, they have python installation packages you will have to get from them.  If not, I'm at a loss where you can get it.

Also, please keep the conversation on the Wine Users list.  I am but one volunteer and there are hundreds that read the list and can assist when I cannot.

James McKenzie