[Wine] WINE and Finale 2010

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Sat Aug 28 03:30:49 CDT 2010

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 00:46, sschimel <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I just switched my Dell Dimension 2400 from WIndows XP to Ubuntu Linux 10.0.4 Lucid Lynx. I downloaded and installed Finale 2010. WHen I try to open the program, however, it tries to run (I see the outlines of windows for a second) but then doesn't open. I am completely new to Linux and have no idea what to look for to fix this. I trust someone here will know the answer, because I saw that Finale is rated Silver. Thanks.

Look at the AppDB page to see if there is something you need to set up
to have it working (Platinum is the only rating where things work
fully, out of the box...)

The FAQ have some info as well, such as how to run it from a console
window that you can post debug output.
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-3b297df7a5411abe2b8d37fead01a2b8edc21619

http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ (It's a good idea to read the whole thing...)

Check which version of Wine you have:
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-2c37616bc34f6544af34566fe5f08a7a22ee377c
If it is not at least 1.2, upgrade (see the download page for
instructions)

Gert