[Wine] Programs --> Accessories not showing up

topito2 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 28 15:54:14 CDT 2010

Hello,

I had a version of wine prior of 1.2 (I think it was 1.0.1) installed in my Ubuntu 9.04 operating system and decided to upgrade to version 1.2

I checked some forums on the net and one of them recommended to remove wine using the following command in terminal

sudo apt-get remove wine

then I should remove the .wine folder in my home directory

rm -rf .wine

and finallly the said I had to remove the wine entry in the Applications menu, so I did by going to System--->Preferences--->Main Menu

After following these instructions, I installed version 1.2 without any problems but now I see that under Applications--->Wine I lost the entry for the Programs --> Accessories ---> Notepad feature (please take a look of the screenshot)

[Image: http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1417/myscreenshot1z.png ]

Did I do something wrong?
I'll really appretiate your help