[Wine] Blizzard Downloader Crashes

tparker at etherstorm.net tparker at etherstorm.net
Mon Aug 30 08:56:14 CDT 2010

On 8/29/2010 2:09 PM, d3bris wrote:
> it is the newest starcraft2 downloader has already been installed. it should work out of the box but i get aan runtime error in the ui like "the requested runtime blabla.." and then it quits, before i can read the whole message -.-
>
> i did install vc6 vc05 and vc08 with winetricks. is it the old vc6?

I just tried the blizzard downloader for a new WoW install and it dies,
as well. I will see if I can figure out which vc versions I have, it may
be something in common for the two game downloaders. The little
downloader program itself starts up fine, but the large download it
controls (of the game) crashes partway through every time.