[Wine] Re: Playonlinux and Office 2007

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 1 08:47:48 CST 2010

dE_logics wrote:
> Without Gentoo, that's the hardest thing to do (specially in debian, it asks for 32 bit jpeg libraries ... and many more stuff).

Well yeah, Wine is a 32-bit app (if you intend to run 32-bit windows programs). And you need those libraries anyway.

And if you having difficulties with your distro compiling Wine, refer to your distro support with help installing all the required pieces.

dE_logics wrote:
> + I have to update it manually every time.. it will bypass the package manager.

If you don't install self-compiled Wine and run it directly from the source/compile dir then you won't have any conflicts with packaged Wine.