[Wine] Need help with a bug in wine

Fredd wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Dec 2 06:50:02 CST 2010

I use Fedora 14 with wine 1.3.7 and i installed FEAR. Everything was good during the installation but i have to apply a patch and when i try to apply it it says that no FEAR installation was found on my system and that i should first install FEAR and then apply the patch. I have the same problem with Sacred, same story, i installed it and  when i tried to apply a patch it said that no Sacred installation was found on my system and that i should first install Sacred and then apply the patch.

I believe that the problem is with wine registries, maybe somehow the games don't get added to the registry and thus the problem, or maybe they get added but the patches somehow don't find them. I don't know, please help.