[Wine] Re: Giving multiple users access to programs

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Dec 2 10:11:32 CST 2010

wolfgang wrote:
> I don't want to share the configuration, just the programs themselves. This could probably be done with a folder somewhere linked into ./~wine/dosdevices, but I don't know enough to say.

Unless all your programs are simple exes that don't require installation, you are going to have to run the installers to create the necessary registry entries. If the installer allows you to select the location of the program directory (most do), you can change that when you run it to a location accessible by all users, just as you would on Windows.

If your programs are simple exes that don't have to be installed, and work in Wine without any tweaks, just put them somewhere all your users have access to; they should work just by double-clicking the exe in the file manager.